How to reflect on this year

 How to reflect on this year



As the end of 2021 is slowly, but surely approaching, I would like to share with you how you can reflect on this year. 

This reflection technique works best when written down, for instance into a diary, but you can also only think about your answer or say them out loud if you don’t feel like writing.

Reflecting on what you have gone through, many times helps you better understand the things that happened, give you a clearer image and put everything into a timeline and context.

So enjoy!


What has happened this year?

  • Month by month

What have I achieved? (work/school success, hobby, competitions...)

  • Month by month
  • Overall

Have I met new people? If so,

  • How do I like them?
  • What did we do together?
  • Will I keep contact with them in the next year?
  • Where have we met?
  • What are they like?

Have I been somepalce new? If so,

  • Where?
  • With whom?
  • When?
  • How was it?

New things I discovered and how much I liked them

  • Movies
  • Books
  • Places
  • Hobbies/ Sports
  • Foods/ Drinks
  • ...

How has covid affected me?

What would I have done differently, if I could?

Best memory from this year?

Worst memory from this year?

What am I grateful for?

What was the most difficult thing that I had to go through this year?

Have I created any new habits?

What have I let go of?

Have I accomplished my new year’s resolutions? How many? Why do I think I have not accomplished them? Will I try again next year?

What has been the biggest change of this year?

What am I proud of that I have done this year?


Final words

This year might have been hard for many of us, especially because of COVID, the travelling restrictions and god knows what else. However, I would like you to know that even though I don’t know any of you personally, I am very proud that you have come this far and that you managed to put up with everything that came your way. I hope that your year 2022 is going to be (even) better than the year 2021.

Lots of love,

Ronie🤍

Comments

Popular Posts